Dr. Anmar Obaidi provides senior dentistry to help you keep a healthy, beautiful smile well into your golden years. Dr. Obaidi and the rest of our caring dental team are aware of the unique health concerns that you face as you age and offer a number of treatments to help your mouth stay healthy. We invite you to give us a call at 949-487-6780 to learn more about senior dentistry in South Orange County, and to make your appointment at O Dental.
When you visit [practic_name], Dr. Obaidi will perform a complete exam of your mouth, including checking your bite, joints, teeth, gums, and soft tissues. We will also check the condition and fit of your dentures (if you wear them) to ensure that they continue to function properly.
Some of the common dental problems you may fact as you age include:
- Dry mouth – dry mouth is a common side effect in infection, medications, and tobacco use. Dr. Obaidi may recommend preventive measures, fluoride gels, dietary modifications, increased water consumption, lozenges, or chewing gum to help relieve the effects of dry mouth.
- Tooth decay – older adults tend to develop more cavities as a result of dry mouth and other factors. Maintain a good hygiene routine at home, and make sure to visit Dr. Obaidi regularly.
- Damaged teeth – you may find that you need more dental work due to damaged teeth than you did when you were younger. We offer a variety of restorative options to repair, replace, and protect your teeth.
- Missing teeth – you may lose teeth due to gum disease, injury, or other factors. There are several options to replace your teeth so that you can chew and smile normally, including bridges, dentures, and implants.
- Systemic conditions affecting oral health – age-related illnesses, such as diabetes, can have an affect on your oral health. Likewise, dental conditions such as periodontal disease have been known to contribute to systemic conditions (diabetes, heart disease, stroke, respiratory disease, osteoporosis, etc.). This makes maintaining good oral health critical to your continued health as you age.
If you have any questions about senior dentistry, and to schedule an appointment with Dr. Obaidi, please contact our office today.