At O Dental, we are committed to helping you receive your treatments with ease and to helping you feel comfortable in our office. As part of this commitment, we offer a variety of strategies to help you manage dental anxiety, nervousness and phobia. Dr. Anmar Obaidi has also completed a master’s degree in hypnosis for medical and dental practitioners, which enables him to provide treatment for individuals who are anxious or phobic. We invite you to contact our office at 949-487-6780 to learn more about our treatments for dental anxiety and fear in South Orange County, and to schedule a consultation with Dr. Obaidi.
Dental anxiety and fear are problems experienced by many patients. Dr. Obaidi and team are committed to helping you feel comfortable in our office, and we make every effort to relieve your fears and help you feel at ease so that you can receive the treatments you need.
Dental anxiety and fear manifest in a variety of ways, from mild feelings of worry and stress to specific and debilitating fears about upcoming procedures. Regardless of the level of your anxiety, our team is here to help you.
Here are a few things you can do to help reduce your anxiety:
- Speak with Dr. Obaidi and his team. Let us know that you are anxious or afraid. We can take special precautions to help you feel more comfortable and watch for any signs of discomfort.
- Use calming techniques, such as controlled breathing or finding distractions in the room.
- Listen to music. Music can distract you, giving you something else to focus on, and block out anxiety-producing noises during your treatment.
- Ask us about sedation dentistry. Sedation dentistry is designed to help you relax, and there are several different types of sedation available.
- Take breaks. If you feel overwhelmed during your treatment, signal us with your hand and we will stop for a few minutes to allow you to recover.
- Ask about alternative treatment options. Advances in dentistry have made it possible for us to provide the same treatment results using different methods.
We never want fear or anxiety to prevent you from receiving the care you need. Please contact O Dental today to learn more about how we can help you manage dental anxiety during your appointment.